Throttle bypass Valve - ZS 175s

Rich

Do you mean the adjustment screw in the centre of the by pass valve?

If so you can work around it by making a solid gasket where the valves attach to the carb and plug the by pass vent holes, this will disable the by pass valve so that they will not affect the running of the engine untill you get a replacement 

George 

Harlequin has the right idea; but I'd permanently disable it, not just until you found a replacement,\: but I have to ask, what broke on the screw...was it just part of the slot in the head of the screw or did the screw break at the threaded  section ?

TBV Screws 002.JPG

Hi guys

It just crumbled, or broke when I shoved a screw driver into it, when trying to figure why my tickover RPM was so high.  Guess 50rs of polution and heat...

Any tips on making a solid gasket?

Richard

I use a thick heat resistant material, but you can use brass shim stock or an aluminum can....Cut it out in the shape of the normal gasket but with only the 3 holes for the screws that attach the TBV housing to the body of the carb.

Whatever you use has to be strong enough to resist the high vacuum created during engine overrun (engine braking) conditions which otherwise would be trying to open a functioning TBV