Lockheed 9 inch shoes forTR2

So it seems every US supplier has decided not to offer these 9 inch brake shoes any more.  I can’t believe that a disposable necessity like brake shoes are not available!   Are there UK sources, or are just the liners available so they could be riveted in?  Can new bespoke liners be made somehow?  This is like the twilight zone!  Any ideas?   
Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan, 

I may have a spare set of original linings can you get hold of the copper rivets? I'm not sure I have enough for an extra set.. I have already relined mine, but want a spare set just in case.

I'll drop a pm if I can help.

rgds

Rod

Thanks very much Rod!  It seems so desperate to chase spare sets like yours, especially since both the TR2 and the Doretti need them, and the Lockheed hub seals are prone to leakage.  What could go wrong?

i did find the attached list of cross-referenced vehicles (courtesy of Colin Fairhurst) using these shoes, but these models look a bit obscure:

Dan

BF4EC44F-F412-48A3-9768-877A6611333D.png

Edited by 2long

How near are you to Honalulu Dan?

Here are the companies there that claim to reline brake shoes

https://www.yellowpages.com/honolulu-hi/brake-shoe-relining?page=2

Alternatively the VW Bug people used to have to buy just the linings and rivet them on so the rivets are definitely in existence.

Cheers

Peter W

image.thumb.png.c4c027fb0b480c3be937578c1436033d.png

Well, Macy’s garage says they don’t do  the job anymore, and the local outfits have no inclination either.   Rod B may have a spare set of liners for me, and a lead on Facebook (which I abhor) may solve my immediate problem.  But I may try to locate a shop on the mainland willing to reline my original pads.  A pesky roadblock!

Dan

3 hours ago, 2long said:

Well, Macy’s garage says they don’t do  the job anymore, and the local outfits have no inclination either.   Rod B may have a spare set of liners for me, and a lead on Facebook (which I abhor) may solve my immediate problem.  But I may try to locate a shop on the mainland willing to reline my original pads.  A pesky roadblock!

Dan

Dan

over here it is often the truck brake people that do relining. Perhaps the same with you and you could ask ?

Or could we send you some ?

Can anyone confirm the exact dimensions of the linings and confirm if there are any variations to rivet spacing for the TR2 linings.

I seem to recall something like 1.5"x3/16th x 9"

Same size as the later Girling -  9" x 1 3/4" - It uses the same Brake Drum  201493.

As a get you out the hole  - perhaps buy a set of Girling shoes with riveted on linings, remove the linings and re-drll the metals to fit on the Lockheed shoe.

Here is a brake shoe friction lining maker in Fla

http://www.globalfrictionproducts.com/Friction-Materials

Cheers

Peter W