1959 TR3A For Sale NOW SOLD.

Just put in classifieds a TR3A for sale, belonged to a Cumbria Group Member who sadley is no longer with us.

If anybody is interested and wants the full lowdown on this car, get in touch.

£22,500.

John.

1681566862_peterguyscaretcxsmaller.jpg.a1a4eb300354e0fd59e382954a978ffd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dear John, would it help the cause to see if you can get more photos of the car and some details?

Sad to sell a car on behalf of the estate of someone who obviously looked after it and is no longer with us to enjoy it. I wish well you well. The RHD 3As are a rare species. And the price asked seems reasonable

That said, if I may some observations on the sidescreen market. Here in France we have an internet market place « Le Bon Coin » ( leboncoin.fr) where at any time,there are around 50 sidescreen cars offered. Not all of them in France, many in Holland or more frequently America. Some good looking, some much the worse for wear. Some for sale by individuals (rare) most by professionals of varying ‘quality’.

Always the same cars, always the same price - around 35 000€ for a decent looking car. Many have been up for sale for many months. Have the dealers been caught out in their speculation
I don’t see that many cars for sale in GB. It seems to me that bubbles are bursting.

Can somebody enlighten me?

james

4 hours ago, DavidBee said:

Dear John, would it help the cause to see if you can get more photos of the car and some details?

Hi David, 

have loads of photos and lots of history, for anyone interested, and have already spent lots of time describing totally honestly, this car I,ve know for nigh on twenty years,

to three interested folk.

It i as straight and honest car as can be, with just the best, never welded chassis I've seen.

John.

13 hours ago, james christie said:

Sad to sell a car on behalf of the estate of someone who obviously looked after it and is no longer with us to enjoy it. I wish well you well. The RHD 3As are a rare species. And the price asked seems reasonable

That said, if I may some observations on the sidescreen market. Here in France we have an internet market place « Le Bon Coin » ( leboncoin.fr) where at any time,there are around 50 sidescreen cars offered. Not all of them in France, many in Holland or more frequently America. Some good looking, some much the worse for wear. Some for sale by individuals (rare) most by professionals of varying ‘quality’.

Always the same cars, always the same price - around 35 000€ for a decent looking car. Many have been up for sale for many months. Have the dealers been caught out in their speculation
I don’t see that many cars for sale in GB. It seems to me that bubbles are bursting.

Can somebody enlighten me?

james

Its mostly a case of the people who love the sidescreen cars are getting too old to be able to use them, I know of a well known on here dealer who wont deal in them now as they dont seem to sell that well these days.

Stuart.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:04 PM, John Morrison said:

Hi David, 

have loads of photos and lots of history, for anyone interested, and have already spent lots of time describing totally honestly, this car I,ve know for nigh on twenty years,

to three interested folk.

It i as straight and honest car as can be, with just the best, never welded chassis I've seen.

John.

Thanks, John, my comment was made purely with potential buyers in mind. I have found mine, also, sadly, following a bereavement.

So nice to see such a strong endorsement.

Best,

David

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, John Morrison said:

bump x2 detail in the next copy of the Mag, due out now, so still time to beat the rush.

John.

Really nice. Do hope TR goes to a good home.

As some of you know, I've been dabbling in the odd TR for a number of years! :lol:

Stuart is absolutely spot on, sidescreen TR's are one of my favourite looking cars, they are stunning and always turn heads wherever you go!

However the "retail" market for our lovely sidescreen cars is diminishing and they can be quite hard to find a new home for!

The people that remember them fondly are like my Dad who is now 78 with a dodgy back!

Just my opinion, not necessarily correct :ph34r:

Mark O

On 9/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, stuart said:

Its mostly a case of the people who love the sidescreen cars are getting too old to be able to use them, I know of a well known on here dealer who wont deal in them now as they dont seem to sell that well these days.

Stuart.

11 hours ago, marko said:

As some of you know, I've been dabbling in the odd TR for a number of years! :lol:

Stuart is absolutely spot on, sidescreen TR's are one of my favourite looking cars, they are stunning and always turn heads wherever you go!

However the "retail" market for our lovely sidescreen cars is diminishing and they can be quite hard to find a new home for!

The people that remember them fondly are like my Dad who is now 78 with a dodgy back!

Just my opinion, not necessarily correct :ph34r:

Mark O

Stuart and Mark are right (I hate to say as always! :D), the market demographic and prices are shrinking for sidescreen TRs. I've seen stupid prices being asked for very nice cars not selling. Equally, good club cars haven't sold either for what I consider a realistic price. My two sons (30 and 33) weren't interested in taking on 'TuRK' (my 58 3A) when I told them I was leaving it to them jointly in my will, but they did want VUX (my 72 TR6). However, my cousin (55) has always admired TuRK's lines and driving experience and had borrow it extensively including two trips the Le Mans Classic and actually drove it more than me over the last 5 years and he jumped at the chance of buying it.

My boys didn't object though when I split the money between them........:rolleyes:

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

I have the opposite problem, last year when I wanted to sell my 3a my eldest son 23 pleaded with me to keep it as he loves driving it because of the proper vintage feel and sound. His day job is with Porche and he tortures me with photos of the latest beastie he has driven

cheers

Alan

• 1 month later...
  • John Morrison changed the title to 1959 TR3A For Sale NOW SOLD.