I am about to fit a servo to my TR4 it has fitted a non standard TR4A type 5 inlet manifold with a take off boss for a PCV which is not currently used and blanked off with a threaded plug does anyone know the thread size of this boss/ plug as I need to fit an adaptor for the servo vac pipe.

Cheers Chris

Rimmer Bros. offers this adapter new, so there is no need to know the thread,

I answered the question anyway because I had a mainfold with adapter "on top of the box"

and because he wanted to know.

Edited by Z320
3 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

I wonder if we should collate the thread sizes used on the TRs for questions such as this? I remember asking the self same question a few years ago but couldn't find the reply when I searched and my memory failed.

Andy, I think we should. As part of a far-reaching project. Start small and build on that. Otherwise, it gets too daunting.

David

We did a broad statement on this before.

The TR is generally unified threaded.  
The ancillary items like Lucas electrics originally will be to British Standards like BA and BSF

The carbs being SU are generally British standard like BSF and BSP

Steering box is a mish mash.   ME, BSF, Unified.  So be careful.  If in doubt try the spanner for fit on the hex

Sweeping Statement.   The Sidescreen TR did not use any Metric fasteners.  I stand to be corrected here no doubt by a Francochamp owner or Italia….  

I bought a new adaptor recently from one of the main Triumph suppliers. When I came to fit it, it was the wrong thread, ended up buying an old used item which fitted perfectly.

Edited by Grahamgl
13 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Sweeping Statement.   The Sidescreen TR did not use any Metric fasteners.  I stand to be corrected here no doubt by a Francochamp owner or Italia….  

Italias do have some metric but mainly in body and trim fittings, mechanically its TR3a.

Stuart.