Goodwood Revival

Ian - I will be there all weekend doing my usual volunteer buggy driving for disabled people - I will be driving one of those funny looking green buggies with a front like an old Ford pop which they "borrow" from the adjacent gold course as they are deemed to be more in keeping with the historic theme than the later golf buggies we use at the FOS - only problem is they are electric and silent which makes life interesting navigating through all the crowds!

I understand there is a new bridge over the track this year located just beyond the finishing line which will hopefully ease the usual congestion in the tunnel

Hopefully will see some of you there - any meet up suggestions?

Cheers Rich

I'll be there all 3 days. One of the highlights of the year.

Not sure about the new bridge on the approach to Madgwick corner, without knowing exactly where it is, I think it will possibly obstruct the spectators trackside view into what is always an interesting corner, particularly on the first lap.

Dave McD

They say this

Madgwick Corner

Arguably the trickiest corner of the circuit to get right is the first one – Madgwick Corner – which is why we’ve introduced a new track viewing area within the perimeter of the circuit. This will only be a short distance away from the Assembly Area, where you can now grab a bite to eat and soak up the Revival atmosphere with family and friends.

Crossing the track has just got much easier too with the introduction of a brand-new bridge at Madgwick Corner. Careful consideration of the bridge location has been made to ensure the superb views of the cars racing from the Startline remain.

but there doesn’t appear to be any real photos of it. 

im not convinced that it won’t spoil the view or the tv/YouTube coverage. 

126B2F8B-9549-46DA-AD40-58B64E8145F3.png

As usual i will be there for all three days.  Can I suggest a meeting point for TR people  by the coffee bar  on the grassy mound to the right of the road tunnel at 10.00 am each morning?  A TR badge or clothing would help to identify fellow TR owners. 

Hoges. 

My wife and I attended for 10 years but my inability to walk and stand for long periods put a stop to it a few years back. I believe we saw the best years, ( 1999 onwards ), before it got too crowded. Every year we were treated to some spectacular flying displays and people were generally more polite. However, as the crowds increased so the behaviour of a minority fell short.

I have now  become a couch potato for all three days watching it on YouTube. I save myself a shed load money and the long haul home afterwards but I miss the smell of burning rubber and brakes. My favourite race, well that has to be the St. Mary’s Trophy when Grant Williams completes most of his lap sideways or the Galaxies! Yes hell, the Galaxies! We always pitched our chairs on the top of the bank at Madgwick for the whole of Sunday and met the same people every year. Three days cost us far more than a week in Benidorm, enough said!

Rodders.

below, Buzz Aldrin.

415D36D2-2F26-47E1-A6F9-4ECCFD80BFB8.jpeg

C70AE4F8-47CF-4276-9763-9F5C34BCE410.jpeg

3E73D79C-6F1F-494D-A2B6-B3EDFC8D4AE0.jpeg

F0E63D76-24E2-4279-926D-06108B2E342A.jpeg

Edited by modelbuilder
28 minutes ago, modelbuilder said:

Rodders.

17346CED-3F1A-436E-877E-39EBC92395D6.jpeg

That’s a great picture creation.

7 hours ago, modelbuilder said:

My wife and I attended for 10 years but my inability to walk and stand for long periods put a stop to it a few years back. I believe we saw the best years, ( 1999 onwards ), before it got too crowded. Every year we were treated to some spectacular flying displays and people were generally more polite. However, as the crowds increased so the behaviour of a minority fell short.

I have now  become a couch potato for all three days watching it on YouTube. I save myself a shed load money and the long haul home afterwards but I miss the smell of burning rubber and brakes. My favourite race, well that has to be the St. Mary’s Trophy when Grant Williams completes most of his lap sideways or the Galaxies! Yes hell, the Galaxies! We always pitched our chairs on the top of the bank at Madgwick for the whole of Sunday and met the same people every year. Three days cost us far more than a week in Benidorm, enough said!

Rodders.

below, Buzz Aldrin.

415D36D2-2F26-47E1-A6F9-4ECCFD80BFB8.jpeg

C70AE4F8-47CF-4276-9763-9F5C34BCE410.jpeg

3E73D79C-6F1F-494D-A2B6-B3EDFC8D4AE0.jpeg

F0E63D76-24E2-4279-926D-06108B2E342A.jpeg

Brilliant photos :)

Edited by Misfit
On 9/1/2021 at 10:50 PM, Paul Hogan said:

As usual i will be there for all three days.  Can I suggest a meeting point for TR people  by the coffee bar  on the grassy mound to the right of the road tunnel at 10.00 am each morning?  A TR badge or clothing would help to identify fellow TR owners. 

Hoges. 

Paul,

Be more specific on location. Are we talking inside track end of tunnel or outside track end of tunnel? Are we talking right side looking into tunnel or out of tunnel?

Dave McD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,   Sorry for the delay in responding to your postings but I haven't been on the web for the best part of two weeks now so this is all very much shutting the door after Goodwood has bolted. 

I did mean the grassy knoll just outside the track by the road tunnel entrance. There is usually a burger bar or such like parked there.  However, apart from Bill Piggott  I didn't bump into any other TR people over the weekend and yet there were a lot of TRs in car park 1 

If anyone is going to the members meeting in October we can try meeting up on the INSIDE of the track by the paddock office suite. Thats right next to the pedestrian tunnel on the pit straight at 11.00. 

Paul.