My youngest son Matt (30) got married in December 2020 to his lovely wife Issy and due to Covid only 17 close family members could attend; the wedding was also brought forward so my wife Bev could attend, sadly Bev lost her brave fight with cancer a few days later.

So, this weekend our two families and about 100 of their '30-something' friends gathered for a blessing ceremony and celebrations in a woodland setting at the Dreys in Kent. The ceremony and whole day was absolutely amazing and emotional at times, Issy looked stunning and VUX played it's role perfectly despite a little rain. Matt and Issy plan on creating their own memories in VUX which Bev loved touring in and share my passion for TRs.

I got home late last night and was shattered and I still am...............am I getting old?

Cheers, Andrew

H5d2c0ef5-b696-4895-bd2f-565c4a7b4cad.thumb.JPG.b5b1429f36ca4da0c3daab6506e74ca4.JPG

7153ad9e-594e-452e-931b-30bc981a9c1e.thumb.JPG.075e5010a04bad8185f030a379139499.JPG

DSC_0795.thumb.JPG.28e2938b806e1532d504d84e57e35afa.JPG

DSC_0777.thumb.JPG.4d9fde8bc836cc1deae0ad0bd30d21bf.JPG

Edited by Andrew Smith

TRs help create wonderful memories. My TR was a guest at my wedding not so long ago. 

I am so pleased you had a memorable family gathering. 

Well done George and family, beautiful photos and an emotional day.

It was good to see you at Malvern, let’s hope we can all do it again soon.

Lots of love

Sue

Incredible, George Clooney was one of the guests :blink:.

Nice pictures Andrew, avec de jolis sourires ;)

Hi George, sporting a very  becoming beard i see., sorry  not to see you at Malvern.

If you can party with 30 somethings , you can party with anyone  !!

Onwards and upwards,  

Conrad.

Thanks for all you comments folks and yes it was a lovely day, it was also good to catch up with many friends at Malvern.

As for George Clooney..........more like Mickey Rooney these days. :D

Cheers, Andrew 

Edited by Andrew Smith

oh Him??!!!

was thinking Mickey Rourke................................now that would be cruel

Smart people looking special! And just look at that TR6 of yours!

Nice one! 

Why wouldn't you feel tired? An emotional day, I would imagine, Andrew?

David

On 8/24/2021 at 2:09 PM, DavidBee said:

Smart people looking special! And just look at that TR6 of yours!

Nice one! 

Why wouldn't you feel tired? An emotional day, I would imagine, Andrew?

David

Thanks David, yes some very smart people looking special; the perfect couple. 

As for being shattered, it took me two days to recover from the build up and the weekend.............

On 8/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, SeanF said:

Lovely pictures Andrew. She's a stunner, and your new daughter in law is a looker too :D:D

Yes Sean, she scrubs up rather well and so does Issy...........

On 8/25/2021 at 7:22 AM, Steves_TR6 said:

Nice photos, looks like a great day was had by all.

It was Steve and it was almost two years in arriving because of having to move it to the right due to Covid.

I thought I'd just add a couple of the professional photos which sums up the woodland ceremony and VUX's part in it nicely. :wub:

Thanks everyone, Andrew

b8af68e6-466e-42cd-b605-65fd94de9987.thumb.JPG.afe8798a799cdc26cf2c3793e77d4d45.JPG

5057fcd7-08b5-40be-9bee-533f9b55408d.thumb.JPG.3aaf09b78f4eef46ec4e9bdcca896361.JPG

Hi Andrew, 

so sorry to hear about your wife - and on the other hand the lovely couple.... 

Just one question: the house is Thurnham Keep? What a lovely place to stay for a wedding!

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
2 hours ago, pinky said:

I missed this Andrew, lovely pics,  bet bev is looking down proud, proud proud xxxx

Thanks Pink. Yes, we felt Bev with us and she was so proud.

2 hours ago, Z320 said:

Hi Andrew, 

so sorry to hear about your wife - and on the other hand the lovely couple.... 

Just one question: the house is Thurnham Keep? What a lovely place to stay for a wedding!

Ciao, Marco

Thanks Marco. Thurnham Keep it is and was the perfect place to stay: http://www.thurnhamkeep.co.uk/  Bev booked all 3 rooms in 2019 for August 2020 but then had to move the booking to this year as the woodland ceremony kept moving to the right due to Covid.

Cheers both, Andrew

My wife and me enjoyed 3 lovely days there and at Kent in 2013.

Sadly no photos with the car, because it was a rental car from Heathrow, not our TR.

And as part of a goup of 4 TR4/4A we wanted to stay there on our return from the European TR Metting 2020,

moved that to 2021 and had the cancle it finally because of Covid. For another stay (one day) at Kent this is our favorite!