Pull to the right...

On 9/3/2021 at 1:16 PM, stuart said:

I doubt those mods were done to accommodate the engine as theres been a number of BMW conversions that have appeared on here over the years and none have changed the front suspension to that extent though they have changed a lot of the rest of the driveline to account for the extra torque. As long as the suspension inner mounting boxes are still there and they do look to be then theres no real reason why it couldnt be back converted though thats up to you. FWIW I hope youve had an insurance inspection done as that would definitely come under the class of "Modified"

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Interesting insight - If the simple approach doesn't fix it, and frankly, I do not think it will - but always try the simple stuff first.... Then going back to standard would be a really good thing to do if possible - so before going too far, I'll get that possibility looked at

On insurance, I told the garage everything, even sent them the link to the company who did the work who still have it on their website and they are just fine with it.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, Tim D. said:

Just a quick thought. My TR 6 was diving to the left on braking.  Turned out that the top ball joint bolts that attach it to the upper wishbones were slightly loose on the passenger side. Tightened then up and all back to normal. Not sure why they loosened, the have nylocks on them. 

Tim

Thanks Tim,

Funny enough, I ordered from TRGB some replacements on the basis of getting the garage to replace them while they have the spanners out on that side of the car - you never know, it could be something as simple as that.

Cheers

Problem Fixed!!

It was a collapsed nearside flexible brake hose at the front - thanks to the heads up from Chris - I had purchased some lovely stainless ones from TRGB and all they had to do was fit them - drives and brakes perfectly.

I did buy some new Anti-roll bar drop links and track rod ends - so going to have them fitted anyway - but as this is Somerset, that will be a couple of weeks wait....

I am still going to get a  wheel alignment done because it seems a sensible way of seeing if they finished the job off when they fitted the suspension. 

Thank you all for your inputs.

17 hours ago, RobRennie said:

Problem Fixed!!

It was a collapsed nearside flexible brake hose at the front - thanks to the heads up from Chris - 

Thank you all for your inputs.

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback.