Surrey Top on a TR6

Fitted it because the windbreaker spoilt the view from rear view mirror. It also stops fumes creeping into the cabin. It is a Ben Ferguson ally one. 

I made a windbreaker from polycarbonate that the hood cover attaches to which prevents the wind coming down between the seats, inspired by one I found on the Internet. 

This avoids the poor visibility from rear view mirror and with the windows up really reduces the buffeting. My wife doesn't even need to wear a hat! 

The weird thing is the exhaust smell at slower speeds, I find I need to have the windows down a bit to blow this away. At cruising speed it's fine. 

Rob 

20200809_123511_resized_1.jpg

20200809_123532_resized_1.jpg

20200809_123521_resized_1.jpg

There was a company at Malvern who now make a brand new Ali backlight with glass and all the fittings for I think £1800, which compares better than an original if you can find one. I have spoken to people who fitted a fibreglass version and all found it quite a struggle.

I hate that cloth Targa on the TR6 going fully to the back window, I think they do a similar one for an MG. To make it look good it needs to stop in line with the side windows in my opinion.

Pete

On 8/19/2021 at 4:04 PM, Steves_TR6 said:

That looks fabulous !

:D thanks

If you buy direct from Honeybourne its a lot cheaper, I have one of theirs on my 4a but slightly modified so it looks exactly like a genuine one .https://honeybournemouldings.co.uk/price_list_hardtops.htm towards the bottom of the page.

Stuart.

photo1851.thumb.jpg.b268600b3bc8f51b0acf896ec73d4345.jpg