Hood question.

Just trial fitted my Hood cover, and only now noticed that the windscreen doesn't have the small "Hook" for the hood's steel clip to attach to.

Not wanting to do some welding, has anyone come up with another way to fix the problem please.

P1080615.jpg

My painters " new lad" thoughtfully removed my " hooks " during prepping because he could not see any use for them ( 2006 ).

Same dilemma , with a newly painted car. I used some black velcro tape to make a loop for both sides. Made it long

enough for the loop to go around the sun visor arm and back again , for the velcro fixings to overlap 2" / 50 mm.

It holds the material flap in board , so that the rising window top doesn't duck underneath it. Was the ideal solution 

....no  but it works at a practical level.

Bob

611895 is the correct hook and is easy to make from scratch or buy a wiring loom tag (603559) , shorten the tag bit, and bend it to the 's' shape.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/bracket-hood-to-frame-stainless-steel-611895.html?assoc=119256

image.png.e4c4bb7b4652d8ade5abbe6b6390c1f0.png

image.thumb.png.9e94332ab806a7b4865bb8208e3ea98c.png

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/tag-wiring-loom-603559.html?assoc=123032

image.png.1a3b352f780c2a6c9fc5c813627035aa.png

They were originally riveted to the Ally Surrey rear frame so no problem riveting them to the screen frame.

Stuart.