Hi all

Got a letter this week from dvla informing me that the above zone in London has been extended and that my 4 will not pass the required emissions, think I knew that already, considering that I live on the south coast I wondered why me? Has anyone else had a letter? is it because its historic and mot and tax exempt as my early Golf wouldn't pass either but no letter about that..

Phil..

5 hours ago, lynchpin said:

Hi all

Got a letter this week from dvla informing me that the above zone in London has been extended and that my 4 will not pass the required emissions, think I knew that already, considering that I live on the south coast I wondered why me? Has anyone else had a letter? is it because its historic and mot and tax exempt as my early Golf wouldn't pass either but no letter about that..

Phil..

Hi, vehicles in historic class, that's over 40 years old, are exempt from ulez. That's as I understand it, a quick google should verify this.

As you received a letter; could it be that your car is an import or for some reason not registered as historic and therefore not over 4o years of age on the dvla database.

Regards Ken

I received the atatched confirmation of my car's exemption from ULEZ requirements in June last year. Sounds like the left hand and right hand syndrome. However, it is academic as far as I am concerned, the prospectrs of me ever wanting to drive through London in the 4A are vanishingly small.

Tim

19. 06. 20 Confirmation TR ULEZ and LEZ exempt.png

Hi Ken

Don't understand it really, the 4 shows on data base as being Historic is taxed for free every year and although I missed the MOT date they still taxed it showing it doesn't need one, I did also track the registration when I first bought the car and it all matches as first registered to a garage in Finchampstead. 

The letter originates from TFL who "have identified a list of number plates as likely to be affected and DVLA have sent the letters on their behalf" no way I intend driving into London anyway I will file it where it belongs...

Phil..

On 8/16/2021 at 5:27 PM, lynchpin said:

Hi Ken

Don't understand it really, the 4 shows on data base as being Historic is taxed for free every year and although I missed the MOT date they still taxed it showing it doesn't need one, I did also track the registration when I first bought the car and it all matches as first registered to a garage in Finchampstead. 

The letter originates from TFL who "have identified a list of number plates as likely to be affected and DVLA have sent the letters on their behalf" no way I intend driving into London anyway I will file it where it belongs...

Phil..

I would write to them explaining their error; if that's what it is. You never know....one day you may want to travel to London.

I would be concerned that their mistake might cause other hit ups, like... my car is not on the police database as tax/mot exempt.

ken

Hi Ken

I understand what you mean and will think about contacting them, but unfortunately I don't trust them very much and they might, to be polite "make a bigger mess of things and remove it altogether" considering I have owned it since 2007 and driven it all over the country I am sure it would have pinged a camera by now, I did get a ticket on another car when on the way for an mot and have been through the same camera in the 4 on a number of occasions, I also had a speeding ticket from a polite young gentleman in a blue suit hiding behind a bus stop so would have thought that would have shown up any problems..

Cheers Phil.