Malvern photos

Evening Peter, inside the hall when I took the photos no there was not a lot of people around, but outside there was a good gathering of people a lot watching the auto solo. I’ll put more photos on later or when we get back home as the internet is very bad for putting photos on. But personally I think there is a good turnout of people all having a good catch up.

Mike Redrose group 

18 hours ago, Bfg said:

not big crowds then ?

Pete

I was only there on Saturday, but there were loads of cars there.... spread across marque-parking, cars in the camping area, plus official displays. 

Personally, probably the most 6’s I have ever seen in one place for a long long time.

..... Andy 

9D4F4F61-0914-48D7-8ABB-512D70991237.jpeg

124EB7DD-DF27-491D-AA8F-22BC445EC6A7.jpeg

Edited by AndyR100

Turned out to be a good weekend for three TR Redrose members picking up prizes, Brenda picked up 1st in Pride of ownership, Jonathan picked up second in his class and the Ken Richardson trophy and Pete Knapper picked up 1st in his class.

Mike Redrose group 

803D2E6D-8439-4E78-A7AD-841DEE20E37D.jpeg

2A3F6EED-A5D1-4AD3-B4D3-CD9C1C08F241.jpeg

CCA6723D-3897-4C67-9CE6-DA01DB1985B0.jpeg

2 minutes ago, brenda said:

We also had a Battle of Britain fly past (Dakota)

Mike Redrose group 

542A01B2-DBE6-46BB-A13F-A12552B58BE5.jpeg

Yeah…I saw it also, do I need to point out that what turned up was not what was advertised in the programme ? Unless I missed it when in a hall.

Mick Richards

2 hours ago, brenda said:

Turned out to be a good weekend for three TR Redrose members picking up prizes, Brenda picked up 1st in Pride of ownership, Jonathan picked up second in his class and the Ken Richardson trophy and Pete Knapper picked up 1st in his class.

Mike Redrose group 

Well Done all. great achievement and I'm sure well deserved..

Pete.

My only consolation (having missed the Spitfire) is that having a 5 bladed propeller it (I believe) would have had a Griffon engine, not a Merlin, & I prefer the noise of a Merlin.

Bob. (still peed off though !)

12 minutes ago, Lebro said:

My only consolation ( having missed the Spitfire) is that having a 5 bladed propeller it (I believe) would have had a Griffon engine, not a Merlin, & I prefer the noise of a Merlin.

Bob. (still peed off though !)

It was definitely a Griffon engine Bob, quite noticeably different in sound and of course much longer visibly.

But any viewing of whatever marque of Spitfire is welcome and if it can be advertised early even increases the gate at events. Certainly a crowd drawer.

Mick Richards

15 hours ago, brenda said:

Mike Redrose group 

803D2E6D-8439-4E78-A7AD-841DEE20E37D.jpeg

2A3F6EED-A5D1-4AD3-B4D3-CD9C1C08F241.jpeg

CCA6723D-3897-4C67-9CE6-DA01DB1985B0.jpeg

Fantastic result for all 3 of you 

still awaiting results from saturdays Shelsely I think I was 3rd on the day just awaiting handicap adjustment 

Sunday Curborough 3rd on the day  ( behind full race tr7v8 450bhp and full race dolly sprint 160bhp (?))

but I was first on handicap 

so an even better Redrose weekend.

sorry I missed catching up with all you folks in person. 

hopefully next time 

where will it be ?

Hi All

As the organiser for the fly pasts, unfortunately we could not include exact details for the programme as we were only informed 24 hrs before the week-end changes of planes and approximate timings.

We applied last September and we were lucky to be allocated the Lancaster, but in July was informed the maintenance was not finished. Subsequently the Dakota was allocated to fill the spot.  The weekend before Malvern the Dakota had engine problems and the RAF replaced with the Hurricane for Saturday and the Spitfire for Sunday. As you must appreciate the RAF were trying to rearrange their flying programmes in light of the above problems, unfortunately the Hurricane for Saturday was beaten by the weather and time restrictions but I think the spitfire on Sunday more than made up for it. 

Regards Terry Smith