3/4" anti-rollbar rubber bushings

To replace the actual rubber bushings with polyurethane bushings they should be passed over the rollbar end.

How must that be done?

Or should a cut be made in that new bushing so it can be slipped over the rollbar in place?

IMG_20210812_143407.jpg

IMG_20210812_143447.jpg

I think it would be a struggle to get those over the end. Have you had a look at one of the originals to see if they have a split in them? Rubber on the originals might be more flexible that the poly bushes, but I think you may have to put a slit in them.

Ralph

I’m sure the ones I bought had the split through the flatter Side that sits on the frame. 

but since changed to solid Ali blocks. 

What are "Ali blocks"?

The original rubbers have no split.

But considering your comments above as well as my replacement of the wishbone rubbers with polyurethane bushings, having to use a vice, a wrench and large bolt to force these in place, there is indeed no other option but to make a cut in them.

Would there be a reason for the cut in the flat side?

6 minutes ago, earckens said:

What are "Ali blocks"?

The original rubbers have no split.

But considering your comments above as well as my replacement of the wishbone rubbers with polyurethane bushings, having to use a vice, a wrench and large bolt to force these in place, there is indeed no other option but to make a cut in them.

Would there be a reason for the cut in the flat side?

I use 7/8 version of these. 

they do various sizes. 

https://tmrsupplies.co.uk/product/clamp-anti-roll-bar-3-4-dia