Rev counter cable ?

On yesterday’s track day at Anglesey my Rev counter cable broke. ( last 4 cm into the dizzy and all bits accounted for)

(interesting last couple of sessions with no Rev counter !!!)

Been looking for a replacement and there seem to be a couple of options some superseded by a 51” version.

and some say Rev counter and speedo. 

my questions are

are the speedo / Rev counter cables the same / interchangeable ?

is the 51” version as universal and fit  as suggested ?

H

Edited by Hamish

At Cox & Buckles we used to sell 54 “ for all 4 cyl TR applications that were RHD.

Peter W

PS. Yes the speedo cable from same car has same end fittings as tachometer cable.   Difference is the length.  So you could loop a cable from a speedo that is to long and make it work the tachometer from the tachometer drive on the engine.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Cheers guys.

Good to know. I did wonder if I should try and swap them over yesterday as tacho bit more use on a track day !!

I’ll get one ordered. And if it doesn’t arrive in time for Shelsely and Curborough at the weekend

I now have a back up plan.

A good opportunity to remove the internal cable and coat with graphite powder along its entire length before refitting. While you're at it, remove and coat the speedo cable too. It will help prevent binding, "jumping" needles and breakages in the future.

grapA.jpg.00b19ab604cdaa383d7a96ef263d6a28.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers