Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum.

I believe the correct motor for the TR5 is the DR3 (two speed) the DR3A is a single speed motor.

I'm nor sure what the correct sweep arc should be (120 rings a bell)  but these motors are used on many different cars

The gear wheel is not available new. Have you looked on Ebay.

It is also possible to (if you are very determined) to reposition the axle pin on the wheel to increase the arc (not easy)

Just spotted this  Gear wheel

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Hi Andy,

The original Lucas wiper motor fitted to the TR5 was a DR3A 75568.

This is the same wiper motor was first used on the TR4A when it was changed to Negative Earth.

The required gear and shaft is 120 degrees.

However the gear and shaft in Roger's link is not the correct type - it should be just a plain gear with no fancy springs on top.

Regards, Richard

120 degree gear & shaft.jpg

3.jpg

Hi Andy,

As mentioned by Richard the gear wheel is 120'.

The item in that link has now gone.  I noted the spring etc but thought that would come off and leave a plain pin/pivot.

As they are no longer available new either wait till a gear wheel turns up or buy a cheap motor that b-needs repair and rob the gear wheel.

Roger

How easy is it to move the pin in a little to give less swing ?  My standard TR3A motor seems to either put the wipers too far right, or too far left depending how I push them on to the splines. A bit less swing would be helpful.

Bob.

Hi Andy

Bill Pollock is selling a TR4A wiper motor, which should be the same 2 speed motor as the TR5. Check out scottishtrs@googlegroups.com. 

Cheers

Richard