TR2 Body Tub Query

Hi All,

I have a couple of queries regarding my TR2 body tub which has been restored and is now sat in primer.

I think there are a couple of ‘man made holes’ which perhaps need welding up but I’d like a second opinion please…

I've attached a couple of photos 

Pic 1 - Large hole in LHS just above the temporary body bracing. 

Pic 2 - 2 x Slotted holes just to the right of the loudspeaker aperture on RHS.

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Ade

6D25EA68-3CD4-4BC2-BBC7-BEB71BDD2321.jpeg

B9E63B1D-2FA8-4786-AF38-4040001A649D.jpeg

The left hand one is to get to the last wing bolt (should be a corresponding one on the right) Though it does look to have been enlarged a bit.

No idea about the two slotted ones on the right though.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I knew you’d know the answer, thank you. I wouldn’t have worked out the large hole until the wings were going back on, so glad that hasn’t been welded up lol

I have no idea what the RHS holes were for either tbh, they look well made and slotted for adjustment, very factory like…??

The car had a large square shaped plate which was screwed with self tapping screws to cover the speaker aperture on the inside of the car. Was this the standard factory practice for cars built without the speaker? It looked original? See pic below before blasting and welding work.

Cheers

Ade

DA4254E4-AF21-4BAC-802A-390F7D92ACA3.jpeg

Edited by AJ2014
Pic added