XYY 332F - 250 posing as a 5

I bought this car back in February and the purists among you will be happy it now has a 250 badge on the bonnet and boot.  I cannot see how any buyer paying £20,000 + for a car would not check the cars provenance starting with the chassis number.  The original adverts clearly say that it is a 250 badged as a 5 so the owner and auction were not trying to deceive anyone. Those who made the issue regarding the fact the car was badged as a TR5 failed to notice it was the wrong colour it was listed as Racing Green, which was the original colour but it was mistakenly repainted in Brooklands Green. The  car had done less than 2000 miles in 8 years and ran rough so I took it to TR Bitz for a tune up. It now runs well much quicker than my TR6. Although I have returned the car to wire wheels there are still a few jobs to do, the temp gauge reads low, servo leaks and seats need repair. Its done more miles in the past month than in the past few years.

Hi Phil,
a car that is driven is more valuable to me than a car gathering dust. Enjoy it.
Waldi

• 2 weeks later...