Need some guidance …. I have a 12v power pack which is emitting a loud beep noise . 
This has been going on for 3 days now . The 12v light still works , but the charge dial is showing as being flat as a pancake . When I plugged the charger cable in yesterday the charge  light did not come on. I tried today and  it is .
I use the pack to give us power in the house when we have power cuts and on rare occasions when the car batteries are flat . 
Is  It knackered ?

Edited by Crawfie
16 minutes ago, Crawfie said:

Need some guidance …. I have a 12v power pack which is emitting a loud beep noise . 
This has been going on for 3 days now . The 12v light still works , but the charge dial is showing as being flat as a pancake . When I plugged the charger cable in yesterday the charge  light did not come on. I tried today at it is .
I use the pack to give us power in the house when we have power cuts and on rare occasions when the car batteries are flat . 
Is  It knackered ?

Hi Pete,

Clarke Jump Start 4000

Must be @ 10 years ish 

According to the instruction book, the beeping indicates either a low battery or connections reversed (when used for jump-starting). 

I see it has an internal sealed lead-acid battery rated at 38Ah.   That being the case, at ten years old it is quite possible the battery has had its day - they don't last forever.   It is possible to replace it according to the instructions:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/596668/Clarke-Jumpstart-4000.html?page=7#manual

• 2 weeks later...

There are Lithium Ion battery based starter packs that are relatively low cost. ( I bought one for £35.00). These have the ability to start up to a 3 litre engine, but are small and light enough to carry in one hand. I keep mine in the boot of whichever car I am driving. It can also provide power to a laptop or other electrical equipment. It does not seem to need charging more than occasionally and comes with the appropriate leads (including jump leads). I bought it via Amazon. Despite not wanting to buy Chinese, they are all from China.

TT

I did away with the lithium battery charger some years ago, in favour of a battery-less super capacitor jump starter pack.

It doesn't need pre-charging, it's small enough to fit in your glove box . . . and it's got me out of a tight spot on several occasions without fail.

I have the Sealey Electrostart 800, but there are a number of similar products on the market.

SeaEle1.thumb.jpg.aad4f7f66ca969e6723de63853e75863.jpg

Here's a similar jump starter, in real time.

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers