Funny that no one mentioned this

Apparently TS2 was 68yrs old yesterday as announced by the register on FB. However no one bothered to mention it on here

Stuart 

12 hours ago, Rod1883 said:

Just goes to show that none of us on here are gullible enough to be on Facebook?

I have to be for the Spaniel rescue that I foster for, for some its a life saver. I wouldnt be otherwise. So dont tar everyone with the same brush please.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, oxf2 said:

Is the air intake mouth on that car a wee bit bigger than that of the production tr2?

Are you talking about TS 2 or about the black TR2 in the photo ?

Mick Richards

Question about the large mouth was with reference to TS2. It looks to me as if it might gape just that little bit taller than the average TR2: https://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/general-classic-car-news/historic-triumph-to-star-at-fairclough-hall-farm

I saw MVC575 the other day and noticed it has an air intake grill I've never seen on any other TR. Seems like the air intake was something they were still playing around with back in the early days, which comes as no surprise since they were... the early days.

7 hours ago, stuart said:

I have to be for the Spaniel rescue that I foster for, for some its a life saver. I wouldnt be otherwise. So dont tar everyone with the same brush please.

Stuart.

No insult intended, just I don't 'do' facebook, or twitter etc.

Regarding the mouth on TS2, I recall Wayne mentioning there was a difference when TS2 and MAW333 were side by side.....

P1010301a.JPG

P1010764a.JPG

You will recall thatTS1 and TS2 were not built on the production line - perhaps that accounts for the possible difference in mouths?

Ian Cornish

There are various differences in the shells of very early cars as they were built offline.

Stuart.