Tr6 'J' overdrive in an A overdrive chassis

Hi Guys,

I am  going to fit a 'J' OD box into my TR4A. Old topic, plenty of information  available in the Forum.

However, Moss do a bracket and fitting kit Pt No 211361X which allows the fitting of the J OD in an A chassis, but this item is on Backorder with no availability date.

I believe I could easily fabricate a similar bracket, but rather than wait until I have the new 'J' box mounted onto the engine before working out the bracket dimensions, I was wondering if anybody had a dimension between the 'A' type mounting chassis welded lugs and the 'J' type chassis mounts lugs?

I guess I could get this by laying under the 4A and measuring back from the gearbox engine face on the existing non OD box as fitted and then measure the 'J' type gearbox mounting position on the bench and work out the difference? bit of a fag though!:wacko:

Thanks 

Rich

Hi Bob, No but I will. However as the TR shop seems to get such items from Moss, I'm guessing they won't be able to help. 

Thinking about it though, all I really need is a measurement of a A type gearbox front engine fixing to rear mount position. That will do it! I can work it out from that.

Thanks

Rich

Thanks John, 

Tried SC parts  but they get it from Moss and are out of stock also. so no help. The French supplier would be possible, but it would be pretty expensive when adding on import tax/delivery.

Rich