Drivers Air Vent

Hi All, hope you all managed a drive this weekend - I have been at home having been pinged to Self Isolate by the app! Ho Hum....

The dash mounted air vent on the drivers side does not work - works just fine on the passenger side.

All I have done thus far is pushed a screwdriver down to see if it is open, and it is from that test.

Any advice on how to fault find this?

Cheers,

Morning Rob

Quick check required by you.  Under the drivers (and passengers) side dash you should also have a vent for providing "cold" air to you feet as well. Check and see if there is any air coming out of that as that vent and the end of dash vent are supplied by the same pipe from the heater assembly. If there is air coming out of the under dash vent then the pipe that leads to the dash vent has become detached. If there is no air to this under dash vent then follow the main pipe back to the heater to see if its broken or bent or just detached at the heater itself.

Alan G

Edited by cp25616

Hi Rob

When I had similar problems with the air vents I found that dried leaves were causing blockages, particularly in the bends and behind the eyeball vents. I ended up taking all the flexible hoses off and clearing them out and with the hoses removed you can clear out the vents easily. 

Dave

• 2 months later...

Well, 'this afternoon' didn't happen!

Thanks Alan for the heads up - I actually totally misunderstood the system - now I get it.....

The problem was simple- the hose had come off the back of the top vent - the footwell vent (which I hadn't realised existed) was open, so with the combination of that and the hose away from the ball vent it felt like it was not working.

The hose is very solid and a couple of bits have fallen off the end - but as I am heads down on wiring and new dash - I have just put it back on and tightened her up - using a cable tie I have held up the hose a bit so not all the strain is on that clamp.

Thank you all for your help.