JCT minor works contract

Hi,

I need some help. Please can someone post a link to a free pdf of the JCT contract for minor works. This is not car related but I am employing some painters and they need some controls above a handshake. I am in hospital in Brighton and have limited access to the world.

I would be very grateful for some help.

Thanks Richard and B

13 minutes ago, Richardtr3a said:

Hi,

I need some help. Please can someone post a link to a free pdf of the JCT contract for minor works. This is not car related but I am employing some painters and they need some controls above a handshake. I am in hospital in Brighton and have limited access to the world.

I would be very grateful for some help.

Thanks Richard and B

The answer is no as any online free is a waste of time 

The JCT Minor Works Contract is a paid item and unless you've paid for it then you get no real cover from it - that's why it's paid for. In the past I've written up an agreement for a client and referenced the JCT Minor Works Contract, but in order to do that you need to have a good understanding of the clauses and be able to include these in your letter. Nothing went wrong on that one, but I'm not sure it would've carried any more weight than a basic contract. I've also not dealt with this type of contract for a long time, so couldn't really point you in the right direction. Also, in respect of the JCT contract, are you going to fill it in and cross out the alternatives that don't apply? Are you familiar with what's in the contract because if not you may not cover what's needed anyway. You'll need to name the Contract Administrator and if you put your own details do you know what a CA is responsible for?

If you don't want to pay for the JCT contract, then from a basic contract sense, you've obviously asked them for a proposal (quote, scope of work, etc.) and you'll be accepting their offer. In your acceptance letter cover such things as payment terms, start and end dates, sum of the works, any specification, rectification of defects and any retained monies you'll be making etc. Make reference to their quote, the date, any references, etc.