Urgently Required

I am currently touring the Isle of Man in my late model TR4.

I urgently need a new set of front brake pads. If anyone on the island has a spare set I would be most grateful.

cheers,

JeffR

4/4A uses the Girling 16Px caliper...same as Fords of the era (Early Capri, Cortina), plus Sunbeam Alpine, MGC, RR Silver Shadow, Triumph GT6, early Rover 2000... all use same brake pad.

Do you do face book ?

https://m.facebook.com/ManxCCC/?__nodl&refsrc=deprecated&ref=external%3Awww.google.co.uk&_rdr

Google also. Found this

Classic Car Restoration Ltd

Unit A, Balthane Ind Est, Ballasalla, IM9 2AG

Tel: 01624 823559

They may help now you have a car list that used them above  if they still exist ?

Good luck

H

Edited by Hamish

Thank you to everyone who offered their help to resolve this issue - in the course of which I met and spoke with several wonderful people on the island.

At the end of the day I wasn't able to source any pads, new or used on the IOM but instead received a new set from Rimmers who were very helpful in organising a 24hr delivery via UPS to my hotel - in plenty of time for me to fix the car and catch our ferry back. This is in contrast to the response I received from their biggest rivals who told me the only way I'd get a new set of pads quickly was by personally visiting one of their branches on the mainland. I'll be taking the matter up with them further now I'm home - not the service you expect from a major supplier!

Anyway, we arrived back - a TR4, TR3 and 3A at 6.30pm yesterday evening having completed a 900 mile return trip. I can only describe our 10 day trip as fantastic, the island, the people, the food and the welcome and interest we received from all we met.

For anyone who hasn't been to the IOM it's a great place - much larger and hillier than we anticipated - and the driving experience around the 37 mile TT course is absolutely fabulous. If anyone is visiting look out for the Windsor Forest TRs inscription written (with permission) on one of the walls of Murrays Motorcycle Museum at the Fairy Bridge near Castletown!

Cheers,

JeffR