Tr6 running rough

Hello, hope you can help me out on this one. Just brought a tr6, it ran fine until-- Replaced the leaking sump gasket, and rocker gasket. To remove the rocker gasket I had to remove the injection hoses from injectors, I marked them up correctly, put fresh oil in the engine and filter, went to start it and it took ages for it to crank over. Eventually got it running but now its lumpy. Cleaned the plugs but still no good. Do you think I've damaged an injector as they are slightly loose in the housings, I held the injector with spanner so the hose could be taken off, all back on tight with no fuel leaks but lumpy since I removed them hoses.. Any ideas? 

Many thanks David 

Did you bleed the injectors?

Tim

Welcome,  With the engine running you will need to bleed one or two of the injectors, feel each pipe there should be a good pulse from each, if you have a weak one, take out the injector complete, have a jam jar available, fine spray very volatile!, hold injector up right to bleed as much air as possible to see you get a good fine spray, difficult to see at idle, you may have to pull on the little tip of the injector to free anything stuck under the seat, pop back in to the manifold and see if it has improved the running, you may have to do them all.  Might need a run in the car to generate a good flow to the injector,  idle speed doesn't spray much fuel.

Can you give us an idea where you are located, there could be a local group, who will be able help you learn all about the PI system.

John

Edited by John L

No probs. Its quite easy. We all have to learn. Keep asking the questions 

Tim