Multimeter recommendation

Having dropped my old multimeter it no longer functions.

Have you any idea how difficult it is to test the tiny fuse without a multimeter?

Anyway, the fuse & betteries are ok, so I need a new multimeter - recommendations please.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I bought a cheapo from Lidl (£8)   about 4/5 years ago and it works very well on the car. We are not talking 'Fluke' here.  No worse than my £40 Gunson

I have seen many examples of the same shape and facilities so they are about.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=multimeter&_sacat=0   any of these are worth a punt.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

A slight digression and I've said this many times before, but you don't really need a meter for fault-finding on a TR.  They can even sometimes lead you astray by showing spurious readings due to not drawing any appreciable current.  

Every tool-box should include a small 12v bulb with wire leads connected, to be used for voltage tracing.  For continuity checks a battery driven buzzer with flying leads is better than a meter - you don't even need to look at it !  

I can recommend a LOMVUM T28B bought from Amazon. £24. Had mine through many years of use and abuse. 
I agree with RodH that a battery powered buzzer is the most useful feature for fault finding and this is included with this unit although with not all other cheapo units. Other features are useful around the car and home; hold feature, temp, NCV, etc. Good large display. 
David B

Yes Fluke are very good (I have one too) but a £10 one is all you need for car electrics. Avoid the really small ones though they use watch type batteries, & are just too fiddley.

Bob