Spring Spacer Question

Good afternoon all

Ive obtained a spring spacer for my 4a to adjust n/s rear ride height slightly but found the 3mm spacers supplied (Moss) do not fit in the spring cradle on the rear chassis or in the arm spring cup ( irs car).

They appear to be a larger diameter more suited to the front springs. However the Moss catalogue gives the same part number MGS 40904 for front and rear? Has anyone come across this before please as I’m sure there ought to be a smaller diameter shim for the narrower 3 3/4” spring, and correct part number if poss.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Andy

Thanks for that and I didn’t know you could get polyurethane spacers in different thicknesses.

I was going to phone the supplier today but didn’t eventually get around to it. When I took the spring out yesterday( n/s rear) I realised I’d already fitted polyurethane spacers. The spacers (3mm shims) supplied by TR Shop, which they apparently got from Moss, were plastic but too large by diameter. More for the front spring I thought but same part number for front and rear? I had a look around in the garage yesterday as I wanted to get it back together and found one of the old rubber insulators and luckily it’s internal flange sleeves neatly into the the poly insulator’s outer circumference. It’s about 1/4” thick but when compressed may just about be right to correct the ride height difference of around 7/8” I’m hoping. It’s still on stands but when it’s down I’ll post again if it works out.

Regards

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits