How to remove Ethanol from Unleaded Fuel

30 minutes ago, Lebro said:

E5  in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). 

Which leaves the South.  And South Wales.  But then Southrons never could their alcohol!

As I said Bob, Esso are able to change their decision (and the website wording) without prior notice, and the pumps are already labelled E5 for them to start adding ethanol.

Bob

What cost them the least and makes the most profit and meets the minimal environmental law?
 That’ll be the product they offer

As Mrs Merton would ask, “what attracted you first to this highly profitable scheme?”

On 7/23/2021 at 2:54 PM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

What cost them the least and makes the most profit and meets the minimal environmental law?
 That’ll be the product they offer

As Mrs Merton would ask, “what attracted you first to this highly profitable scheme?”

This is government implementation not oil companies !

On 7/21/2021 at 10:22 PM, Lebro said:

E5 means that the petrol CAN contain up to 5% ethanol, it is not a legal requirement for it to do so.

Quite right. My daughter works in the head office of a large supermarket chain and she asked the fuel buyer if there was 5% ethanol in their fuel and he said no.

9 minutes ago, Phil Read said:

Quite right. My daughter works in the head office of a large supermarket chain and she asked the fuel buyer if there was 5% ethanol in their fuel and he said no.

Which supermarket as only E10 available now round here and they are the largest all three 

Edited by ntc
On 8/1/2021 at 5:05 PM, Phil Read said:

There has been 5% ethanol in all UL95 since 2008,All of the major super markets all get their fuel from Terminals situated around the uk, the Ethanol is added at the loading bays as the fuel is loaded into the tankers, this is also the case for the performance additives, not all supermarket have them in.

The majority of UL95 pumps now show E10 in readiness for the change later on in the year, the super grades will be marked up 5% this is for the cars that can't use E10.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:22 PM, Z320 said:

How does the blue water / ethanol mix taste?

Prost

I was wondering the same thing. EtOH and water are fully miscible, which means the water mixture from the fuel is basically weak Vodka with food colouring, but there is no knowing what other additives from the fuel have also been moved into the water!

TT

• 1 month later...