Rear brakes binding

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced a problem which I have with my imported USA 6.  I have had work done professionally on the rear brakes as suggested here on the forum. Back plates removed, handbrake lever groove in these welded up and ground down, two new rear cylinders replaced WOW I have a working handbrake for the first time in years!   However, here comes the problem.  I find that after using the car the brakes bind on and only release after a long (overnight) stop when all is well again. At first I thought it might be using the handbrake to park, but when not doing so, the same happens so it must be when I brake normally using the foot brake. Any ideas? 

Richard Hunt

Once when I had the trailing shoe reversed (upside down) I had similar binding which I noticed when slowly coasting forward in neutral

Edited by poolboy

Had this a few years ago. It turned out that the flexi pipes were collapsing and acting as non return valves. The fluid slowly returns overnight.

Allan

21 hours ago, Allan Jezzard said:

Had this a few years ago. It turned out that the flexi pipes were collapsing and acting as non return valves. The fluid slowly returns overnight.

Allan

Agree I had the same problem on my 4A. Two new flexy hoses and all was ok.

Hi thanks for the replies.  Interestingly the repairer said that I need to replace the two rear flexi pipes with stainless steel braded as I had done with the front ones.   I have now received the replacements and will see if the problem is cured.  Makes sense if you think about it as it was limited to the rear brakes.

Many thanks again