Headlight flash on TR5

Am I right looking at the wiring diagram of the 5 and the 250, it seems you can only flash the low beam lights if they are not turned on, and only if you are not in high beam on the dip switch, it seems its wired differently on the TR6, that gives flash on main beam if you already have dip lights on.

Would a kind electrician please help me understand this please.  Is the wiring diagram wrong perhaps?

I have a scotch lock clip into the main beam light from the light switch blue and white wire, and would like to tidy up some of the wiring, perhaps this has to stay to get this feature?

I would like to flash the main beams if I already have dip on, on the TR5.

John

I don't know whether the diagram is correct John but your interpretation of it is correct.  If your car is wired similar to the Advance Autowire diagram for the 250, you can do this to achieve what you want though I don't know how convenient it is to get at those connections.  (I suggest you don't use a Scotchlok connector -  they are a bodge in my opinion and can damage the wiring):

lights1.thumb.jpg.ac6f9b07d3cdaaff4c18979325bd509c.jpg

lights2.thumb.jpg.c889234a3b162b042d111321a40ba2de.jpg

34 minutes ago, John L said:

Am I right looking at the wiring diagram of the 5 and the 250, it seems you can only flash the low beam lights if they are not turned on, and only if you are not in high beam on the dip switch, it seems its wired differently on the TR6, that gives flash on main beam if you already have dip lights on.

Would a kind electrician please help me understand this please.  Is the wiring diagram wrong perhaps?

I have a scotch lock clip into the main beam light from the light switch blue and white wire, and would like to tidy up some of the wiring, perhaps this has to stay to get this feature?

I would like to flash the main beams if I already have dip on, on the TR5.

John

John 

Got news for you I had a 5 that did not have the floor dip switch and no holes to mount one and yes you could flash the lights on the stalk this at the time was looked into and it was done by the factory as a prototype 

Thanks Rob, thats perhaps why I have the bluewhite from the flash connection already scotched into the high beam light on the speedo, might try and put some bullet connectors there  instead.

John