Can anyone identify this rear hub arrangement

Hi All,

My initial thought is that the hub might be the TR outboard sliding shaft which has been shortened and splined - possibly for competition use.  This is a double roller bearing configuration and appears quite robust. One has damage on the bearing faces so needs repair, but I'm wondering if there is a possible application in the TR world.

Cheers,

Alf

IMG_6593.JPG.e154ff57bfee61e68845946bbfda838d.JPGIMG_6595.JPG.a280808f12f1ba565a26db6302cd27ff.JPGIMG_6600.JPG.12f6d3772064cbde35add5c29185d187.JPG

IMG_6594.JPG

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6597.JPG

Thanks John, That's very interesting. I wonder if this hub might be a 70's fore-runner to the CDD hubs, as I note that their spline is on the outboard wheel flange as opposed to the coarse spllne for the in-board U/J yoke.  I should try and find out what the CDD hub arrangement dimensions are.

Cheers,

Alf

Thanks for that thought. Actually, Goodparts hubs are on my wish list for the 4A, hopefully this winter, but at the moment I know nothing about their internals as there are fewer images compared to the CDD version. I do know that the Good parts hub is 6" long between ctr U/J and wheel flange versus the subject hub is 5 5/8". Also all modern hub versions have the nut at the outboard versus inboard for the above.

Cheers,

Alf