When technology works, it is often brilliant. When it fails, it can be a complete pain!

For about 10 years I have kept all my password in an App on my iPhone called 1Key. At the last count there were about 70 of them stored- every merchant / organisation seems to require a login these days. Following the last iPhone IOS upgrade,I could not access the App. I got a message saying it was incompatible with the upgrade and the developers needed to upgrade the App. Nothing for about a month. I have emailed them without reply so assume its now defunct. I do have many of the passwords written down, hidden and locked away but for me that is not very convenient.

So has anyone got any experience of an alternative password keeper App they would recommend?

Thanks

Miles

Thanks Kevin

Have already had a look at that but its pretty challenging on the iPhone and in my experience there are inevitably unintended consequences. Had to do this on my Mac once which resulted in a day of grief as I lost all my emails! I will just reset the missing passwords (and record them) as the need arises. 

Miles

I put all my Passwords into an Excel file, alphabetically sorted, direct onto a memory stick - note, NOT onto the hard disc.

I print the list whenever it starts to get too messy with additions/deletions.

Ian Cornish

I've used KeePass for many years. It's very widely used, open-source so there's a choice out there for which app you use to edit and view your Keepass data file(s). I keep copies of my encrypted file in the cloud as well as on my devices. 

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeePass 

You can store login data on an Iphone in “settings”, then scroll down to “passwords”.

Waldi

As a Chrome and Google user, I use they suggested password and storage facility. Seems to be a lot better than my old system of writing them down or trying to remember them.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading the News App on my iPad and an article in The Independent suggests:

The best password managers in the UK for 2021 are:

Best for Chrome users – Google Password Manager: Free, Passwords.google.com

Best for simplicity – NordPass: Free, Nordpass.com

Best for mobile – 1Password: From $2.99 per month, 1Password.com

Best for security – Dashlane: From £2.40 per month, Dashlane.com

Best for families – LastPass: From £2.60 per month, Lastpass.com

Best free password manager – Bitwarden: Free,

you should be able to find the article on the newspapers own web site.   Its likely that other publishers would also have other recommendations as well

Paul