How a carburettor works.

I like the seethrough venturi !  As an intro to the venturi it's OK. And Webers and Dellorto uitlise a venturi. But SUs and Strombergs do not involve a venturi at all. They are based upon gate-valve fluid mechanics. Any attempt to smooth out the edge of the piston or ramp to make it more venturi-like will fail  ( because the venturi depression will pull the piston down !! ). 

Peter

12 hours ago, Peter Cobbold said:

I like the seethrough venturi !  As an intro to the venturi it's OK. And Webers and Dellorto uitlise a venturi. But SUs and Strombergs do not involve a venturi at all. They are based upon gate-valve fluid mechanics. Any attempt to smooth out the edge of the piston or ramp to make it more venturi-like will fail  ( because the venturi depression will pull the piston down !! ). 

Peter

I agree about the Venturi but the effect of the gate valve in an SU is to create a low pressure area which draws the fuel up into the air flow where it is vaporised in the same manner as the model in the video. 

Rgds Ian