Arrived in Cheshire 

and my wife and her running challenge is on page 9

thanks TRR for the support :D

some great articles 

don’t you just love the smell of this proper magazine.

"Like it or not", and at the moment, for our TR Action members, it seems to be "not", the move to on line magazines will not be prevented. Ask the younger more eco-conscious generation. Lower costs, convenient, interactive, better for the planet, AND, we all get TR Action at the same time, at the touch of a button.

Russell.  

That's as maybe, I for one can't stand reading magazines on line. I get all of my professional magazines that way and they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard, maybe if you have a phone the size of a PC screen then they are readable, but sorry not for me and if the club goes that way with no choice of a hard copy then I will go elsewhere.

cheers

Derek     

Members were asked several years ago about the future of hard copy TR Action and the overwhelming vote (90+% from memory) was for the printed version to continue. As a members club, I trust the board will council the views of the majority of members and carry out their members wishes
Ian

On 7/4/2021 at 10:20 AM, YOW500 said:

"Like it or not", and at the moment, for our TR Action members, it seems to be "not", the move to on line magazines will not be prevented. Ask the younger more eco-conscious generation. Lower costs, convenient, interactive, better for the planet, AND, we all get TR Action at the same time, at the touch of a button.

Russell.  

I don't think it is that binary. 

I am a member of several other car clubs that produce e-magazines. Happy to read them on my iPad, but on the whole, I prefer the convenience and tactile qualities of the hard copy magazine. Its rather like e-books. Yes, there is a huge demand for them.  Five years ago, hard copy books were pronounced as dead.  However, look at the resurgence of demand for hard copy books and the consequent success of the Daunt bookshop chain.

Both formats have their pros and cons but there is a place for both.

Miles

1 hour ago, MilesA said:

Five years ago, hard copy books were pronounced as dead

So were vinyl records but now look at them. CDs are dead, or are they?

Hard copy for me, I can just about read the news on a phone, tablet or PC. Try reading the excellent article from Bob Le Broq, including reference to the pictures, on your phone, no chance.

If you want to read them electronically, then they are all there in the archives on the website, and they are searchable, brilliant. Great way to find something specific but does not replace the joy of a new magazine, a cup of coffee and a comfy chair.

Mick

21 hours ago, Mick Forey said:

So were vinyl records but now look at them. CDs are dead, or are they?

Mick

Was discussing this with some last night friends last night having found the long unused 6 CD changer in my 20 year old Porsche shortly before selling it recently (Thank you Mayor Khan!). We were wondering whether manufacturers even provide for CDs in their new cars now as streaming seems to be the easier option. A bit out of date, but the trends are clear:

_105032120_chart-uk_music_consumption_2018-504x0-nc.jpg.06e0e4318fe0906dc130a272e9306fca.jpg

For me I play Vinyil on may late father's 1980's B&O set up which is excellent. I still tend to buy CDs, burn them once to my various devices and then store for occasional use on another HiFi set up. Again, a place for all.

Apologies for thread drift....!

Miles