Hi Guys...please advise on what a used PI system would be worth.

Looks to be from a 2.5pi saloon so the dizzy is technically incorrect so would need money spent on it, looks to be a tired set up too needing lots of love, attention and money spent on it so my reckoning would be £250 to £300 tops.

Alan G

1 hour ago, cp25616 said:

Looks to be from a 2.5pi saloon so the dizzy is technically incorrect so would need money spent on it, looks to be a tired set up too needing lots of love, attention and money spent on it so my reckoning would be £250 to £300 tops.

Alan G

The dizzy does not look to have the mechanical drive take off for the Rev counter? As your rev counter would have to be converted to electronic and completely rebuilt another expense! Therefore I would only pay £250 max. Most of the other parts would have to be traded in for new re-con ones and other bits would need re-plating zinc and passivated! The Lucas pump is a bin job as far as I am concerned. Use a Bosch or Sytec pump!

Bruce.

As your in Australia Im sure the saloon guys down there would be very happy to buy the whole lot off you.

Stuart.

Are the injectors the type that can be reconditioned?

Regards

Bill 

20 hours ago, Mike C said:

Here's a rebuilt system on Australian ebay for  about the price of a good rebuild :

Seems to be missing the bracket that holds the the cold start enrichment cable.

43 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Seems to be missing the bracket that holds the the cold start enrichment cable.

The cold start lever is there and fitted with a new  cable clamp-is the stop plate the lever runs in essential? From my point of view this assembly would be be worth a look because it's   been rebuilt with Viton seals, bench tested and recalibrated by Peter Bower, but I have a perfectly good PI system and I don't see any point in collecting a spare set. 

Getting back to Malbaby's original question, I'd have to say $A300-500 tops, there's at least $A1200 of work needed to get the injection components serviceable and  I'd trash the Lucas pump.

Mike that Lucas pump would have been laying flat in a Saloon application, unlike upright in a TR6, so should be fine. Actually my Lucas pump has only been reconditioned once in 49 years in my TR. These Lucas pumps were in use in Formula One on Cosworth DFV engines for two decades!

My second current TR6 which I bought last October for something to do, certainly has given me that for sure, I converted it back to a Lucas pump from a Bosch lookalike and everything is AOK just now anyway.

Alan G

On 7/4/2021 at 6:15 PM, cp25616 said:

I converted it back to a Lucas pump

Where did you source the pump (or the reconditioning)?

Thanks,
John

1 hour ago, Gordon Bayley said:

I have 2 metering units to sell, how much should i ask?, taking them to Malvern

cheers Gordon.

Make sure they still turn as if theyre seized theyre not worth much at all

Stuart.