Poly Gearbox Mounts

My car has a retrofitted J type overdrive gearbox in an originally non overdrive car.

The gear box mount is two BMW E30 mounts screwed up into the overdrive mounting points and attached on the bottom to a plate welded to the chassis. it isn't ideal but my local garage could fit it and it works.

The rubber E30 mounts have already succumbed to the oil leaks and allow a bit of gearbox movement. I can get poly mounts which should be impervious to the oil but am concerned they could result in increased vibration through the mount.

Anybody used poly gearbox mounts in anything at all? Is there increased vibration from them?

FWIW, I've only fitted poly bushes to the suspension (everywhere). Blue bushes don't feel bone-shaking to me, and they're a vast improvement over the perished rubber they replaced. For a GB mount though, you are probably looking to minimise vibration at higher frequencies than from the suspension. I'd have thought the softer the better assuming sufficient strength. I wonder if there are any NVH engineers on the forum?

JC