Hello,

I have recently bought a Triumph TR7 (8?) bearing the chassis number TPAD37AA402290. The car appears to have an American market interior and has a V8 engine. The odometer displays circa 70 miles from new. I am trying to establish whether that chassis number was born with a V8 engine or if the engine has been added later?

I am sure you get plenty of these requests! Any assistance most welcome. Kind Regards. Nicholas Margerison

yL1h1.jpeg

Looks like it is a converted TR7 was it sold to you as a TR8?                                                                                                                            T= Triumph P=TR7/8 A=1980 Model D=Convertible J= 2 Litre Slant 4 Engine

I wouldn't be overly worried as converted cars can be to whatever spec you want and nobody will say - that's not how it left the factory!

Enjoy!

Cheers

Ian

• 2 months later...