Happy Birthday Ben's Wife

HappyBirthday Vicky, I’m a bit worried for Ben and all that Hemlock. Have a great Birthday mmmmmm cake.

Thank you everybody for all the birthday wishes :) 

I had a great day, doing sheepy things in the morning and then a friend arrived in the afternoon to come and help with a build project.  I did have a scone for tea and have decided that cream first and then jam is the best way.  Yummy!

Vicky

9 hours ago, Ben's wife said:

have decided that cream first and then jam is the best way. 

Vicky

And I thought you were on my side :(  :P

Bob

15 hours ago, Ben's wife said:

I did have a scone for tea and have decided that cream first and then jam is the best way.  Yummy!

Vicky

i'll stand by you Vicky

( says the man with the cream then Nutella recipe - the principle is the same)

I had to perform a test, I’m with Vicky, I’m not saying which County I was in at the time!

0D7F2506-A167-4DA8-BC56-64DC8AEC4A80.jpeg

Edited by iain

That looks lovely, Iain!

I had always been a jam first girl, but since moving to cream tea country, I have switched to cream first.  The cream here is so solid in it's consistency that it is almost impossible to get it off a knife onto a jammy scone. If you try, the two layers get mixed and look like the aftermath of a road traffic accident. On a naked scone (even a warm one!) it sticks just fine, and you can sculpt the sides and get a tasty layer of cream several inches thick and then rest a nice big blob of jam on top.   Mmmmmmm, yummy!

The other great thing about cream tea country is that clotted cream is sold everywhere in half kilo tubs :):)  

5 hours ago, iain said:

I had to perform a test, I’m with Vicky, I’m not saying which County I was in at the time!

0D7F2506-A167-4DA8-BC56-64DC8AEC4A80.jpeg

"I can resist anything except temptation".

Oh well, thanks Iain. To heck with the diet, I'm off to the shop for some jam and cream.  :D

Happy belated birthday Vicky!

Cheers, Deggers