I dropped a small bolt in the engine bay and I had to jack up the front  of the car to find it. While I was under there I noticed a drip on the fuel line connecting the stop valve and the pump. This probably contributes to my MPG calculations.

I ordered a new  s/s one which has a Moss reference number and is made by Mocal. I fitted it yesterday but the end connecting to the stop valve is 90 degrees which makes the s/s pipe bend through two acute angles. It is now dry but looks under stress.

I am wondering if my valve is not fitted correctly. Ideally I need a picture from someone on the forum who has a valve and pipe out in the open , i.e. no body. Can anyone help here on the forum please. 

Thanks Richard & B

10 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Like this?

PS what is going on with that suspension mount?

https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr2-and-tr3-forum.6/a-couple-fuel-pump-questions.1335797/

image.jpeg.94bec1c851b95ce36d112ef6ca44d102.jpeg

Hmm thats a nice bodge! Obviously ripped off the rear mount so theyve cut the inner mounting long bolt/tube off flush with the back of the engine mount area and then made up that bracket and bolt arrangement.

Stuart.

Richard

Not sure if this helps, photos are under bonnet on my car, but show s/s fuel pipe from the fuel tap  to the fuel pump. At the fuel tap end the pipe has a 90 degree bend which avoids an acute bend to the flexible pipe. I bought the pipe from RevingtonTR.

Rob

IMG_20210625_111709.jpg

IMG_20210625_111615.jpg

IMG_20210625_111601.jpg

Edited by RobTR3
Clarity
21 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Robin,

that looks quite tortured. 

If it had a straight connector at both ends could it not come out of the pump forward and down looping back on itself?  But it hasn't:(

You have a point Roger, but the fuel tap is angled towards the inner wing and is probably 45 degrees to the fuel pump and close to the wing(see attached photo), perhaps it could be angled as straight as the fuel pump and then your suggestion would work ok. Revington sell this specification pipe for this very purpose, so there must be a valid reason.

Rob

IMG_20210625_121817.jpg

Yes Roger it could be swiveled over, might have to undo connection to fuel pump as well and reposition pipe. It would look better, but the pipe isn't kinked as it is.

Rob

My set up.  

Out from tap is 5/16 pipe and olive attached with 7/16 flare nut.    Inlet to pump is 5/16 pipe and olive with 7/16 tube nut.

Simple flex tube between  

Peter W

2AEF333C-0297-4DDF-B6FE-10B4F9553F0A.jpeg

I like the last picture which is how my old pipe was installed a long time ago. There used to be a trader at the IWE who mad up pipes on the spot. I will buy another when we get there is the summer.

Thanks for the pictures Richard & B