CP RHD TR6 Barn find in France

Hi all, Yesterday i was invited by a lady whose husband had recently died to have a look at his car collection with a view to selling and moving the cars on. There is a RHD CP model within the collection and i said i would post on the club website the details to see if anyone may be interested in bringing the car back to life? I have some photos that i can forward onto interested parties, The car is here in SW France on french plates, Complete but needs TLC and has been tinkered with wrt changing carpets, steering wheel etc it is on Strombergs and i am not sure if the original fuel injection system is available. it does not have the original CP engine it is prefixed MG. It has overdrive and i guess fitted from original build as the vin plate has a 0 at the end of the number I have not tried to run the car yet but apparently it does drive.  A or J type gearbox i dont know until i get the car to mine so i can get it on the lift for a closer inspection underneath. the body work has had some work done in places and imho it would need a respray. Colour is blue 96 interior black 11. 25,000 miles on the clock but dont know if it is original.

The soft top is in need of a change but usable and is white!. I have been unable to get underneath to check the state of the chassis so it is an unknown. There is no control technique (mot) the interior is ok and dash likewise seats are good. 

If anyone is interested please PM me. there is no personal gain on my part involved. I am happy to take calls, again PM me with your contact details. I can hear you all saying PRICE! I know what she would like for the car and i think for a CP model in the condition it is a reasonable amount however as i said i need to look underneath.

The reason that i have passed up this offer is i already have 5 projects to finish and i just dont have the time to take it on. But i have said i will help sell the car on her behalf. 

I am waiting to see any paperwork that is with the car. 

Hopefully someone may want to take this on. 

Transport back to the UK is available at a very reasonable rate to your door but can't say when........................ 

Regards All Clem

What else is in the collection Clem ?

Quite fancy a type 35b in blue

37 minutes ago, kcsun said:

Hamish, there is also an unused sheet of plywood if you are interested

1863449921_Screenshot2021-06-23at09_53_34.thumb.png.2fe8a43d296e40325cb03ab9de2796d4.png

kc

If it was ply I’d be interested but not that chipboard type

nice Porsche tho

Very funny guys but trying to help the lady out. So can we keep to the thread? Cheers Clem.

Looks like a good start has been made on the car. Personally I always feel sad when I see an unfinished vehicle in a deceased estate-years of unrealized work and dreams-but that creates a bargain for  a new owner.

44 minutes ago, elclem1 said:

74298BAE-4BDF-432F-8A3A-D1C839F65E0F.jpeg

Odd plate for France, is that a historic reg or something?

Stuart.

Its the new national numbering  system, the department number at the end has been dropped. If it has a carte gris collection its entitled to have black plates, also it gets a CT (mot) every 5 years.

John

Yes it is the new registration system the F denotes it’s been done this year. Not sign of paperwork yet to know more.

1 hour ago, John L said:

Its the new national numbering  system, the department number at the end has been dropped. If it has a carte gris collection its entitled to have black plates, also it gets a CT (mot) every 5 years.

John

So how do you know department registration now on this system?

Stuart.

Stuart,  You don't, its a national system now, before they were held in each department and not crossed over, I will look to see how to look at the national records, but may not be possible.

This number now stays with the car for life, whereas before you got a new number if it changed departments. As long as you stay at your current address, with a department number, you can keep it, but if you sell it or move address you have to get a new national number.  I expect eventually old  department numbers will have to have new ones.

You can have the department added to the corner of the plate, but not on black ones!

Its useful for looking for parts with some suppliers but not all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_France

John