NHS Workers Appeal

NHS Workers Appeal

I recently had my Covid-19 “jabs”. My visit to the local NHS vaccination centre was well communicated and  the people on duty – many who were volunteers – were organised, informed, helpful and polite. They clearly care deeply about what they are doing. There was a short socially-distanced queue but the process worked well and took less than 30 minutes - 15 of which were spent in the “Observation Area” following the vaccination.

While waiting in the Observation Area I had an idea. A simple one but it may just allow us to give something back to NHS workers who are working so hard and relentlessly throughout this horrible pandemic ... whether working directly on C-19 care or the wider case workload.

The idea?
When we visit a restaurant, coffee shop, hairdresser or use a taxi we often leave a tip for the people who served us. This is a personal choice we make to say “thank you” for the service we have received and is a tangible and immediate expression of our appreciation.

What if …..  there was the same opportunity for us to say “thank you” to the NHS workers that have worked so hard and endured so much simply because it is their job ... or because they have a sense of duty … or because they care?  Care about us. All of us. Strangers they have never met before yet immediately and unquestioningly look after …. for as long as it takes to make a difference.

That's it. Let's each give a tip to the NHS workers as a thank you for our "jabs" and for all they have done an continue to do for us.

Below is the link to the JustGiving page where you will find some more detail and the chance to make a donation if you would like to :).

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/TheOnePoundNHSAppeal?

Please give generously if you can and share the link with your friends / family and on social media for the world to see. Let’s see how much of a make a difference we can make.

Please also add "TR Register" in the JustGiving comments if you donate so I can tally up how much we raise.

Thanks so much for reading this and for your support.

Best wishes

Robert 

Edited by rjs993