I have a 2 speed motor and new lucas wiper and washer switches. I accidently pulled the wiper switch apart but think I have found all the bits and it seems to operate OK now I've put it back together. 

I haven't wired anything up yet but tested the switch, which has four terminals at the back, it only seems to connect two of the terminal together in all positions. Is this right, I thought I needed 2 connections to the wiper for fast speed. 

Thanks Eddie 

Eddie this was the reply I made to a chap who was having wiring problems to the wiper switch. Worked for him.

Recently I changed the dash on a TR6 I bought last October and was extremely careful (phone video taken) making sure that when I went to fit this switch again the wires would be in the correct positions. Hmm not so simple. The PO had put the wires on in the wrong order and upon re-assembly with the wires back on in the order they cam off in I had normal wipe in position 2, nothing in position 1 and nothing in position zero evidently. I checked the TR6 brown bible and discovered the re-assembly was wrong. Fitted wires in the correct order page number 88-00-01 and bingo job done.

Never thought to try this switch before I de-dashed the car, should have done!

Top terminal (1)  Blue/light green.    Second terminal (2) Green.  Third terminal (3) Red light green and lastly Fourth terminal (4) Brown/light green.

Alan G

Hi Eddie,

You do not state which wiper motor you have, but different motors use different switch options. The reply above looks to be for a 14W permanent magnet motor. If the motor is a DR3A then the switch requirements are not the same, and getting it wrong can burn out the motor.

TT

Hi Eddie,

wiring the switch with out knowing where to put the wires is not too difficult.  if you have a multimeter or continuity thing then it is easyish

Generally it is accepted that for slow speed the switch needs to be pulled fully out (second click)

Switch  tags 1 & 7 are always shorted and these go to earth. 

With the switch on the second click find a switch tag that is shorted to 1&7   eg 6 (but may be not) - connect Green/Red to this.  Slow on its own

Now push the switch in so that it is on the first click. Find a switch tag that connects 1&7 and the example above - this may or may not be 4.  this will be Green/Brown Fast with the sow also connected.

You will need to experiment to find one on its own for slow.  and then two together for the fast speed,

Roger

Hi Eddie,

There are some oddities in this

the DR3A is a single speed motor  as used on the TR3 & 4. This uses a single click pull switch

The DR3 is a two speed motor as used on the tr4A

The 'clear hoorter' toggle switch is used on the TR6 (I think) with the 14W motor

What have you actually got !!

Roger

Hi Eddie,

The TR250 had the DR3 two speed motor   The original switch, 148410, is not available according to Moss. They show : BHA5110 as the replacement.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/switch-windscreen-wipers-two-speed-bha5110.html

The wiring diagram shows the basic wiring of the DR3 motor - 3 wires   Green (+12V)  Red/Green for the slow speed.  Brown/Green for the fast speed. These both go to earth

As it is a DR3 motor the Red/green will give slow speed on its own. Both Red/Green AND Brown/Green must be earthed together to give the fast speed.

Roger

Roger, 

Sorry don't know how I have managed to repeat my reply, possibly having too many screens open and too many beers watching the football. 

I am committed to the Lucas size now with the new dashboard so I have to get a Lucas replacement or use my existing  one with relays/diodes.

Many thanks Eddie