TR5 Air Filter Housing Paint

Hi John,

Thanks for the confirmation. I assume you've replicated the original colour? That looks excellent.

Complete with the period decal too. Can you give me the size of that decal please? Is it just black print on a white background?

Judging by the position of the decal, so that it can be seen from above, I believe the single inlet pipe should point towards the TR5 inner wing/wheel arch, rather than towards the centre of the car as on the twin inlet pipe unit on the TR6, even though that would appear to me to restrict air inlet flow? Is that correct?

Dave McD

I believe that the intake should face the centre of the car. My car had the original sticker on it which from memory was blue/black/white.

Best check all that though!

Tim

Edited by Tim T
11 hours ago, Dave McDonald said:

Hi John,

Thanks for the confirmation. I assume you've replicated the original colour? That looks excellent.

Complete with the period decal too. Can you give me the size of that decal please? Is it just black print on a white background?

Judging by the position of the decal, so that it can be seen from above, I believe the single inlet pipe should point towards the TR5 inner wing/wheel arch, rather than towards the centre of the car as on the twin inlet pipe unit on the TR6, even though that would appear to me to restrict air inlet flow? Is that correct?

Dave McD

Dave, knowing John thats an original unrestored casing and AFIK they face the intake to the centre of the car.

Stuart.

Jeffs tr5 001.jpg

10 hours ago, stuart said:

Dave, knowing John thats an original unrestored casing and AFIK they face the intake to the centre of the car.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I refer to an old Forum thread which made me ask the question.

5 hours ago, Gary Flinn said:

Here's a Photo of the Engine bay of an Original one owner TR5 from the Lincoln TR Event in 2016?

original_air_cleaner_colour_576.jpg

Gary,

That confirms the silver colour but shows another direction for the inlet, pointing downwards.

Dave

5 hours ago, Gary Flinn said:

Here's a Photo of the Engine bay of an Original one owner TR5 from the Lincoln TR Event in 2016?

original_air_cleaner_colour_576.jpg

There were a few things not quite right on that car and yes the intake should be facing under the headlight bole anyhow I thought you was going Weber’s Dave ?