Triumph & MG Weekend 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm sure by now most of us have had our fair share of lockdown, been jabbed twice and are now looking forward (or have already been to) some shows. The Triumph & MG Weekend (https://triumphandmgweekend.com/) in August is coming up soon and I was just interested to see how many of you are planning on coming.

We (Pete Cox and Son Sports Cars) have a stand booked for the weekend and are greatly looking forward to it.

61 Track.jpg

We’re going booked tickets and we’re having a long weekend again, we’re booked into the Malvern Hills Hotel this year, looking forward to it should be lots of different cars to look round this year. Let’s hope for good weather.

Mike redrose group 

0D08812E-7294-4A0D-BE8B-75946E7BF4A9.jpeg

21 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Neil,

I'm sure they are as they have done so for a good few years now.

Roger

These are not normal times Roger and a joint adventure there have been many events that are still not going ahead. I for one would like to know what they are.

Risk assessments are carried out each year, it is a requirement. Lesley Swain is the safety officer, Andy Holyoak is the safeguarding officer. We are working with the site to ensure we comply with whatever COVID restrictions are in place at the time. In anticipation of some form of social distancing requirement we have increased the spacing between all internal and extremal trade stands. The buildings lend themselves to good ventilation. Most of the activity will be outdoors.

Lesley Swain is leading the team from the TR Register, please drop her an email at walesandwestdirector@tr-register.co.uk if you have any further questions or concerns.

Mick

Hi,

can someone please tell me where I can find the full ticket price tariff for the show - I can only find the pre-book prices on the show website,  nothing about 'on the day' costs.

Thanks

Bob

I have paid for My tickets and an Autojumble Pitch,  so see you there boys and girls.

Conrad.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:10 PM, OldBob said:

can someone please tell me where I can find the full ticket price tariff for the show - I can only find the pre-book prices on the show website,  nothing about 'on the day' costs.

"Currently, track and trace restrictions may require us to operate an advanced booking only policy - should that change, we will announce gate tickets separately." quoted from https://triumphandmgweekend.com/news/ticket-prices-announced-ahead-of-sales-opening-1st-march-2021

The same statement is also on our own website: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2021/06/0270/Book-now-for-the-massive-Triumph-and-MG-Weekend

Mick

Edited by Mick Forey

In August last year, when the Weekend was to be in June this year, I booked a B&B near Malvern for the Friday & Saturday nights.

When the date was changed to August, I amended the booking – proprietor was very helpful.

Two days ago, I had an email from the proprietor asking that, in view of Covid, we perform Lateral Flow tests within 24 hours of our arrival and report the results on the Government website.  She and her husband will do likewise.  All of us have had both first and second  jabs.

This strikes me as a very sensible precaution, and the test kits are free and available from many places, including our local Town Hall.

Ian Cornish

1 hour ago, ianc said:

In August last year, when the Weekend was to be in June this year, I booked a B&B near Malvern for the Friday & Saturday nights.

When the date was changed to August, I amended the booking – proprietor was very helpful.

Two days ago, I had an email from the proprietor asking that, in view of Covid, we perform Lateral Flow tests within 24 hours of our arrival and report the results on the Government website.  She and her husband will do likewise.  All of us have had both first and second  jabs.

This strikes me as a very sensible precaution, and the test kits are free and available from many places, including our local Town Hall.

Ian Cornish

If anyone is wanting to get their own Lateral Flow Test Kit use the following link https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests you can order a free pack of 7 to an address of your choice. We carry out the tests multiple times a week at work, most of us have been double jabbed, the younger two have had their first jab and the second one is already booked with ample time to work its magic prior to the weekend.

On 6/16/2021 at 1:51 PM, ianc said:

I'm hoping to see Pete Cox's alloy-bodied racer (pictured above) amongst the interesting TR4s celebrating TR4@60.

Ian Cornish

We are still hoping to get his car in for the event too, Pete ideally wants it complete however we may have it there in part finished form as he is carrying out some work on it.

Bradley - Pete's car, even in part-finished form, would be worth seeing.

And it wouldn't be the only interesting car in incomplete form, as Neil says that 6VC is in the middle of a major re-build, and Tony says that 5VC won't be running.

But better to have all four of the VC cars there, even if we have to push two of them around!

Ian Cornish

Well after several years absence from International Meetings, the TR going well and motivated to see my pals of 40 odd years ago, and anticipating a relaxing of restrictions, I started looking at ferry crossings. 
All the most convenient days are booked up and for what is left, Britt. Ferries are asking 700€ round trip before I book the cabin!

So much as I like you all a lot, as a famous Hollywood director said - include me out!

As they say back in the corner of Galloway where I have my origins - « Enjoy yersells »

james

• 2 weeks later...

Sporting cars at Malvern.

This year's display of sporting cars at Malvern will be expanded to include not only TRR and TSSC cars, but MGs as well!     In roughly equal numbers, we intend to fill the Wye Hall with a  selection of very special cars, from all ages of all three Clubs' competition history.        So that the owners can have time off to enjoy the WeekEnd themselves, there will be comprehensive display boards by each, so that you can appreciate their finer points.      Some will even be competing at Malvern in the AutoSolo event!

So make a date to visit the Wye Hall during your visit!

John