TUBELESS WIRE WHEEL SPOKE TENSIONING

I fitted Moss 60 spoke chrome wires to my BRG TR2 in late 2013/early 2014. Yesterday for the first time and about 35,000 miles I checked the spoke tension. A number of loose spokes, some quite loose. None broken
Warily I tensioned them up wondering how the air tightness of the tubeless wheels would go. Disappointingly the two on the passenger side lost their seal. It will be down to the tyre place to get tubes fitted. I wasn't going to leave the spokes in the state they were in but have now damaged two wheels.
Has anybody else had this problem? Solution?

1 hour ago, John McCormack said:

I fitted Moss 60 spoke chrome wires to my BRG TR2 in late 2013/early 2014. Yesterday for the first time and about 35,000 miles I checked the spoke tension. A number of loose spokes, some quite loose. None broken
Warily I tensioned them up wondering how the air tightness of the tubeless wheels would go. Disappointingly the two on the passenger side lost their seal. It will be down to the tyre place to get tubes fitted. I wasn't going to leave the spokes in the state they were in but have now damaged two wheels.
Has anybody else had this problem? Solution?

When you take the tyres off you will see that the way they seal is only some silicon sealer round the spoke nipple so if you get the spokes tightened to the correct torque its possible to reseal.

Stuart.

50 minutes ago, stuart said:

When you take the tyres off you will see that the way they seal is only some silicon sealer round the spoke nipple so if you get the spokes tightened to the correct torque its possible to reseal.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. Any special sort of silicone sealer needed?

Just now, John McCormack said:

Thanks Stuart. Any special sort of silicone sealer needed?

No idea what they use or whats available where you are, presumably a waterproof and flexible variant.

Stuart.

It appears to me that these are sealed with a tape which I can't identify. As there are no rough edges and the spokes don't poke through I will be able to put tubes in.

I have contacted MWS to ask them what is the best repair method.

IMG_0819.jpg

Thats just a rim tape, you`ll find under that the sealer round the spoke heads.

Stuart.

I received an excellent reply from MWS with instructions for how to repair (attached). I have ordered their silicone sealant, no more expensive than others and I know it will work. 

Rework procedure for leak thro spokes.ppt

I repaired one wheel as described. It still leaked.

Rather than stuff around the tyre place with removing and refitting tyres to check for leaks after repairs only to remove the tyre again to try another repair, I have had them fit tubes.