Girling Differential Problem

Am having an issue with the differential on my TR3. It is only driving on one rear wheel the off side one. The problem happed suddenly without any warning or suspicious noises the car was driven forwards out of the garage then put into reverse but no reverse movement. Forwards movement only. Put the rear up on axle stands and discovered the near side wheel has no drive coming from the diff. Gearbox engages OK and the prop turns in forward and reverse OK. Any suggestions. 

Also, if anyone had a spare rear axel they don't need or otherwise a diff case spreader I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks in advance.

Phil B

Got an overdrive ? if so it may be the uni directional clutch has stuck in (normally a non working solenoid) so it's mucking up your drive. As long as you haven't been forcing it to drive activating the solenoid will probably restore normal service !...Then sort out the solenoid.

Mick Richards

13 hours ago, Lebro said:

Broken half shaft ?

Bob

My initial thought too but it is stated to be Girling and I have never seen a broken Girling half shaft - Lockheed YES