Record Store Day 2021

Anyone partake in the annual RSD or should I call it “try and buy records before the profit makers put them on eBay “ day . I managed to get a copy of Motörhead’s St Valentines Day Massacre 10” pic disc , buts that’s it .  

Well….when record shops were disappearing (mainly independents ) there was still an interest in vinyl . Record Store Day was started to boost sales and keep vinyl “alive “so limited editions of singles , LPs were pressed up and sold on RSD . All sorts of artists had records repressed , songs not seen the light of day were released …..it was great for people like me who never stopped buying vinyl . Some interesting stuff has been released . One day a year , the independents had a stock of rare items to tempt customers back into their stores . As the pressings were limited, the fun soon went out of it as stuff started to end up on eBay for some serious money . Big queues outside shops …..It has got worse since vinyl has become the big thing again . Have a look at EBay - RSD 2021 . Covid has resulted in RSD drops . Instead of one day a year , there are two or three . Different items being released On each different “drop “ day . 
I usually wait a few weeks for the prices to drop ….Motörhead stuff ..seems to hold its price though ….

Some pictures of last years “drops”

07CB965F-83B0-47DB-BB4A-1D4F6F2AF2C3.jpeg

F9ABF36C-F591-4ED1-B01F-D1E6FA3E0643.jpeg

As a matter of interest Crawfie- -what do you play it on ?  

I still have a Technics SL150 with SME 3009II  And Shure V15 III. It was considered a good set-up back in the late 1970's but it's some time since I last played anything on it. 

Edited by RobH
9 minutes ago, RobH said:

As a matter of interest Crawfie- -what do you play it on ?   

Hi Rob,

This  is my set up at the moment . Sony deck and Pioneer amp /tuner and Pioneer CD jukebox .My graphic equaliser and twin tape deck are in the loft . 
My speakers are Pioneer and 40 years old . They sound great .

42092980-A608-4477-9C69-3CB7836BC1B1.jpeg

836FFB3D-49AC-4816-8180-187A15A0A7A8.jpeg

Edited by Crawfie

Nice to see a record deck that doesn't resemble avant-guard sculpture.  The modern ultra-expensive stuff leaves me cold. 

Edited by RobH