I have a TR4a that I'm looking to sell. The body is in reasonable condition but the interior has been stripped. It has not moved for many years and at some point the VIN number was removed for security but is now 'lost'. There is no log book either. I am seeking advice as to the potential sale value and would be grateful for any advice. Thank you. 

I would apply for the logbook, there should be an engine number or body number as well, not sure where the body number would be. Someone will be along shortly with more detailed info

If you have a registration number then you could apply for a log book, Graham Andrews our DVLA contact maybe able to help.

Stuart.

2 hours ago, Catherine Newman said:

Thank you Jase but I don't think I can apply for the log book without the VIN number....which is hidden somewhere in my ex-husband's garage. 

Hi Catherine,

was your ex ever a member of a TRiumph  (or other) related car club. If so they may have some details.

Was the car ever at car shows - these may have photo's in local papers or club news.

Can you give us the engine number.  Stamped on the left side of the engine block near the coil

Are you in contact with any of his friends - they may know something or have photo's

The VIN # will begin CTC7xxxx

Do you know any burglars that can do the garage over.   :o

Roger