Considering new wool carpets for my TR5. There seems to be a multitude of sellers advertising best quality wool etc etc. but at widely varying prices!

Has anyone any recommendations, as its difficut to know what level of quality you are getting for your money from each supplier?

Do you have to pay top dollar for the best or are they all much of a muchness and may as well go for the cheapest?!

Its not like going into John Lewis carpet department where you can ask the assistant!

Thanks Jon.

Forget going down that route, TR Shop do very good carpets at a much better price.

Stuart.

+ for TR Shop!

Perhaps the only bit I don't like is the rubber on the left side of the gearbox tunnel, made for L/H and R/H drive, removed mine.

John

Edited by John L

My project car had wool carpets all of which were eaten by carpet moth so replaced with poly carpets from TRShop. Very happy with price and fit.

Tim

I recently placed an order for a set of carpets from TR shop but they advised me that their supplier is winding up that side of it's business.

Paul

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful. TR Shop have just raised their prices to same as Skinner's. TR Shop have them in stock. Skinners are not currently taking orders and Coverdale are sending me a sample and they take about six weeks to make and deliver. Coverdale have a two grades of wool, the higher of which costs the same as TRShop and Skinners.

So good advice thanks and will see what the Coverdale samples are like. Jon

16 hours ago, Jon m f said:

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful. TR Shop have just raised their prices to same as Skinner's. TR Shop have them in stock. Skinners are not currently taking orders and Coverdale are sending me a sample and they take about six weeks to make and deliver. Coverdale have a two grades of wool, the higher of which costs the same as TRShop and Skinners.

So good advice thanks and will see what the Coverdale samples are like. Jon

I would go with TR Shop ones anyway. Their standard carpet set is good and TBH the wool isnt really worth having in a drop head.

Stuart.