Hi 

I'm looking for some help with my 1972 TR6 wiring.

I have replaced the loom with an autosparks item, everything is pretty much sorted, however I can not get the main beam flash to work !!!

From the steering column switch I have the following wires NU, RG, U, N, UW....... I have a home for them all except N (brown). I believe this is to do with main beam flash ??

From the new loom I have a home for everything except a Purple wire. I believe this is power line for the glove box/ tunnel light/ boot light ??

I can get the interior lights to work from a power feed from the ignition switch, however if I connect brown to purple which the circuit diagrams seem to indicate, nothing happens other than when full beam is on and I use the flash, the glove box light flashes !!!!

Any suggestions please

Thanks

Neil

If you look at the Advance Autowire diagram for a '72, (US models though)   it shows purple as being a fused power feed going to a number of places including the glovebox light and the main-beam flash. That purple wire should have 12v on it from the fuse box,  but it sounds as though it doesn't and that the voltage is feeding backwards from the light circuit when you operate the flash.  You might be able to prove that by operating the dip-switch in which case the glovebox lamp should no longer light when you 'flash'.  

You need to find why there is no power on the purple wire.

http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr2506.pdf