Tick over problem

My car is running great except I can't seem to sorte out a problem with the tick over on initial starting and running t over is fine 800rpm when the engine gets to full operating temp the t over will not go below 1200rpm if I physically push down on the lever throttle it goes down to 800rpm but when I accelerate then ease off the t over is back to 1200 . Could it be the over run depression valve? This is something I know nothing about . Suggestions would be much appreciated 

I’ve yet to find an overrun depression valve on a UK 2.0L or V8 wedge.  Doesn’t mean there isn’t one, just never come across it.

Sounds like possible stiction in the mechanism preventing the throttle from seating at idle, possibly an air leak through worn throttle spindles or the rubber carb mountings or a bit of all three.

Others swear by squirting WD40 on the suspected air leak points one by one to locate them.

Hope this helps.

No air leaks tested that think I will have to take them off and have a good look at the throttle connecting shaft