Evening all.

New boy/chap here, I'm sorting parts for the full restoration on my TR5 and I'm in need of the Upper Front Valance, the part with the head  lamps in.

I have had a search of lots of parts suppliers but this part isn't available at the moment so the question is...

Are the panels from the 4 and 4a much different as I could possible use one to repair mine as its had some damage in a previous life.

Many Thanks for you time

Clive

I have an original Stanpart  upper front valence from a TR4.  About 9 months ago I compared it to my TR5 and TR250 as someone local was looking for the part.  Anyway, as near as I can tell the parts are mostly interchangeable.  I believe the difference is in the size of the opening for the running light/turn signal in the grill.  The TR4 came with the beehive lens while the 4a and 250 came with a bigger, plastic lens.  

SO, on the surface, it would seem that the 4a and 250/5 are different than the 4 due to the different sizes of the lenses and the holes to support them.  BUT my TR5 was an Italian delivery car and it has the same beehive lenses as the TR4, which was needed to meet the unique requirements of the Italian market. d

So, if I needed a part and had a 250 Id buy a tr4 valance if I needed a valance.  The overall shape is the same,  I think it comes down to the minor variations in the holes.

Clive - I have several front panels in varying conditions, but not sure whether they are TR4 or 4A ones, but will happily check if they could be of interest.

Have sent you a PM (personal message) - in the top right hand corner of the forum page, there is an envelope icon - click on it and it will open up your forum mailbox.

Cheers Rich

Hi Harry,

WOW that's a lot of shine you have there It looks amazing, Mines white when its done but not sure it will be that shinny.

Yes any pics you have will help, I still have my 5 Valance and will compare with the 4A and see whats different.

Ive been pointed in the right direction for someone who possibly make the 5 Valance, here's hoping

Cheers

Clive

These pics might help

Stuart

Marks TR5 105.jpg

jeffstr5 009.jpg

Edited by stuart
  • 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all

I thought I had better report back on my findings.

So 2 Upper Valance's, Top one is off my 5, its quite bent but not looking to bad in the pic.

The lower Valance is a 4A not sure of make but the packing label makes me think German!!! 

Ive measured.. Height, Width, Depth, Hole sizes for all lamps, screws and anything else I could compare and after all that the only difference I can find is where I have marked up on the second picture with a marker pen.

So the answer is yes the 5 is different to the rest but not enough that a 4A cant be changed to fit with the tin snips and a bit of folding..

Many thanks for your help on this.

Clive

2021-06-18 19.22.01.jpg

2021-06-18 19.25.30.jpg

Hi Clive, that looks like a Bastuck part, its the right coulour...yes made in Germany.

Onwards and upwards then. !

Conrad.

Apologies for hijacking this thread, I see there are loom clips at the bottom of the valance, all the pics I seen have the loom over the top of the radiator shroud (or whatever its proper name is), where should the loom run, cheers, Andrew 

14 minutes ago, AndrewMAshton said:

Apologies for hijacking this thread, I see there are loom clips at the bottom of the valance, all the pics I seen have the loom over the top of the radiator shroud (or whatever its proper name is), where should the loom run, cheers, Andrew 

On a 5 the loom runs along the bottom of the top section of the front panel where those tags are. On a 4/4a they go over the top of the radiator duct as the loom runs in the opposite direction.

Stuart.